Thursday 26 June 2008

Marbella Landmark La Concha Mountain | Getting to the Top!

First, I have to admit I have never done this because I'm actually a very lazy person (although I do think it would be good to do - one day!). La Concha (the shell), at the end of the Sierra Blanca mountain range, is the prominent mountain which features in many postcards of Marbella. For something nice, healthy and free to do you can follow defined trails on climbing the mountain for a spectacular view of the Costa del Sol. I'm told it takes about 5 hours over 11 kilometres. For details on the route check out these websites - MarbellaTrails.com and Escartin Lam (hiking trips) - you might even like to contact them to join a group.

Very important not to try this in the middle of the day in the summer months, take plenty of water and tell people where and what you are doing! Click here to view recent story about people who decided to do just this in August 2008.

No comments: